Senior Medicare Patrol was formed to alert the Medicare and Medicaid programs of abuse within these two health care systems. Individuals who suspect any of the incidences below are encouraged to contact the SMP office at 301-475-4200, ext. 71064.
- Billing discrepancies, denial of payment, incorrect payments, etc.
- Receiving fraudulent phone calls from persons pretending to be from Medicare
- Billing for services, equipment, supplies, or medicine that was not provided or needed.
- Offering cash or free services to influence use of a particular doctor or other medical service.
- Giving false or misleading information that benefits the health provider or service but increases consumer costs.
- Stopping insurance coverage or ending services without prior notice or reasonable cause.