Recreation & Parks - Museum Division
Group Tours & Student Tours
The Museum Division offers guided group tours at each of the following sites:
• St. Clement’s Island Museum-301-769-2222
• Piney Point Lighthouse Museum and Historic Park- 301-994-1471
• Drayden African-American Schoolhouse-301-994-1471
If you would like to arrange a guided tour for your group, please call the site supervisor at the museum you wish to visit.
|ST. CLEMENT’S ISLAND MUSEUM
• Guided adult museum tours of 20 or more people - $2.00 per person
• Guided adult museum tours of less than 20 people - $3.00 per person
• Guided student tours of 20 or more people - $1.00 per person
• Guided student tours of less than 20 people - $1.50 per person
Tips for Island Tours
• The walking trail on the Island is a half mile long, therefore, we recommend that students wear comfortable close-toed shoes and bring bottled water.
• You may use the picnic tables and chemical toilets on the Island. Plastic bags for trash are available at the picnic pavilion. Trash must be dumped in the trash cans stationed on the mainland on the Museum grounds.
• Bring insect repellent, sun screen and hand sanitizer.
• Children 12 and younger are required to wear life jackets. These jackets are provided by the Museum.
• For elementary school groups, please, divide students/parents into groups of 24 or less before you arrive at the Museum. For secondary school and adult groups please have everyone divided onto groups of 18 people or less before you arrive at the Museum. The travel time from the Museum pier to the Island is approximately 10 minutes.
• To meet U.S. Coast Guard requirements we must have the name, address and phone number of every individual riding the Water Taxi. Please, have a list of these names for your tour guide on the day of your tour and it is recommended that individuals be listed by their designated group.
|ST. CLEMENT’S ISLAND MUSEUM AND ST.
CLEMENT'S ISLAND STATE PARK
• Student and Youth Groups - $7 per person ($140 minimum payment)
This rate includes 3 hours of educational programs in the museum and on St. Clement's Island. Teachers may rent the boat for additional hours at $50 per extra hour. Teachers are free. Only one chaperone for every ten students will be admitted for free. Additional chaperones will be charged the full program fee. Student charters are subsidized by St. Mary’s County Government
• Adult Groups - $10.00 per person ($200.00 minimum payment)This rate includes 2 hours of time on St. Clement's Island. A guide is provided by request for an additional $25.00. Group leaders may rent the boat for additional hours at $50.00 per extra hour. Prepayment must be paid in full. There is a non-refundable processing fee of $25.00.
|PINEY POINT LIGHTHOUSE MUSEUM AND
Large group/student/bus tours welcome! Group tours must be arranged in advance with the site supervisor. Group tour rates for 20 or more: $3.50 per adult, $2 per student/senior citizen/military persons. To pre-arrange a tour, contact Site Supervisor April Havens, email@example.com or 301-994-1471.
|DRAYDEN AFRICAN AMERICAN
Pre-arranged tours can be made by calling the Piney Point Lighthouse Museum at 301-994-1471.
The St. Clement’s Island Museum and Piney Point Lighthouse Museum sites offer outdoor picnic facilities and restrooms for your convenience. Consider a riverside picnic at either location! Also. you won’t want to miss our Museum Stores where you can find something for everyone!
We invite you to explore our sites and exciting opportunities by clicking on the links below. Please visit our sites and gift shops, enjoy our programs and special events, and discover our extensive research opportunities.