Recreation and Parks - John G. Lancaster Park
21550 Willows Road, Lexington Park, MD 20653
47 acres; recently added the adjacent “Lexington Manor” South Parcel, making the park almost 100 acres in size.
Hours of Operation:
Sunrise to Sunset (except for special evening and night activities).
Route 246 to Willows Road, park is located 1/2 mile on the left. Map
Please call 301-475-4200 *1800 for more information; call the Parks Division at 301-863-8400 ext. 3570 for maintenance related issues.
Concession building on site.
Accessible Boundless Playground
A picnic pavilion for groups of 60 persons or less is available to individuals on a first come, first served basis. Convenient to playground and athletic fields. Pavilion can be reserved in advance for private gatherings. Patrons may bring small gas grills; but no charcoal grills. Please call (301) 475-4200 ext. *1800 to make reservations.
Restroom building (2)
Patrons may use the on-site charcoal grill where provided; patrons may not bring their own charcoal grills to the park, but may bring in small gas grills
All pets must be kept on a leash in parks. Pet owners are responsible for the actions of their pets and must clean up after pets.
The new dog park is open daily with one large dog run and one small dog run. Water is available on site along with waste disposal bag.
2 60' baseball / softball fields
2 basketball courts
Disc Golf Course
The Disc Golf course opened in August 2009 on the former "Lexington Manor" south parcel. Disc golf is similar to regular golf except it's played with discs similar to Frisbees®. Disc golf uses baskets mounted on poles instead of traditional golf holes. The game can be played on a year-round basis. Course map
Pavilion Rental Information
Reservations will be accepted over the phone with a credit card (Visa, MasterCard) for the months of April through October starting on February 1st. Please call (301) 475-4200 ext. *1800 to make reservations.
2018 Pavilion Fees
$100 - groups less than 60 people
(Chancellors Run, Nicolet, Dorsey #2, Snow Hill & Baggett Park)
$150 – groups of 61-150
(Fifth District, Dorsey #1, Cecil & Elms)
150+ people will incur an additional staff fee of $10 per hour. Reservations must be made a minimum of two weeks prior to rental date.
Alcohol Consumption Permit
Alcohol permit not available for Chancellors Run, Elms Beach, Snow Hill or Nicolet Park Pavilions.
For reservations or more information please call 301-475-4200 ext. *1800.
All prices are subject to change.
St. Mary's County Recreation and Parks
Park Pavilion picnic usage Regulations and Permits
- Park staff will periodically check activities in the park and will monitor pavilion usage. The park staff will return at the end of each day to close the park.
- It is unlawful to consume alcoholic beverages in county parks, except by a permit issued from the Department of Recreation and Parks. Nicolet Park, Chancellors Run Regional Park and Elms Beach Park are alcohol-free parks; therefore, permits will not be issued for these parks. Unless otherwise stated on the permit, alcohol usage is restricted to the Picnic Pavilion area only.
- Where grills are available, please extinguish all charcoal fires before leaving the park. Please, do not dump hot coals from charcoal fires on the ground.
- ABSOLUTELY NO OPEN CAMP FIRES are permitted in public parks.
- Citizens may bring a personal gas grill to the park. Personal charcoal grills are not permitted.
- Lifeguards are not on duty at waterfront parks.
- Park usage is at your own risk.
- Medical insurance is not provided.
- To receive a refund, pavilion cancellations must be made in writing to email@example.com at least two (2) weeks prior to the reservation date. A $25.00 refund fee will be withheld for cancellations made within two weeks. Without the required notice, refunds will not be permitted.
- In case of inclement weather check the Department cancellation line at 301-475-4200 ext. *1840 or visit the website at www.stmarysmd.com/recreate; click on updates. Inclement weather refunds are only given if the Department of Recreation and Parks cancels a reservation. If pavilion rentals are canceled due to inclement weather the cancellation information will state “pavilion rentals” canceled. Pavilion rentals are not canceled based on “field closures.”
- Parks close at sunset. (Elms Beach and Snow Hill closes at 8:00 p.m. from May 1st through Labor Day). Users must be out of the pavilion at the designated time unless the Department of Recreation and Parks grants special permission in writing.
- Please dispose of all trash and refuse in receptacles.
- Ball Fields are permitted if requested at the time of a reservation. If you did not reserve the ball field at the time of the reservation (permit must be indicated on your receipt), ball fields may be used on the day of your event only if available. League use and tournaments take precedence.
- If you are planning to bring extra entertainment (i.e. pony rides, moon bounce, etc) you must submit a request in writing at least four (4) weeks prior to your rental. Proof of liability insurance for extra entertainment will need to be submitted to the Recreation and Parks office at the time of rental of the pavilion. Purchasing liability insurance is the responsibility of the party renting the pavilion. Park staff may ask to see the proof of insurance; take a copy with you on the day of your event.
- Water activities such as dunking booths, slip and slide activities and water balloons are not permitted in public parks.
- Picnic tables are bolted under the pavilion and are not removable.
The advertised fee will be assessed if numbers attending go over the projected amount at the time of rental; this price increase ranges from $50-$100.
- Groups conducting fundraisers and/or groups requesting exclusive use of the park will be required to provide Recreation and Parks with a Certificate of General Liability Insurance indicating limits of $2,000,000 aggregate and $1,000,000 per occurrence and naming the Board of County Commissioners of St. Mary's County as an additional insured. This Certificate of Insurance must be submitted two (2) weeks prior to the event being held.
- A 110v electrical outlet is available at select parks. If an electrical outlet is blown, it will not be reset during your event.
- Renters and/or caterers do not have access to concession stand buildings at parks.
- Please bring your pavilion rental receipt, letter of confirmation and Alcohol Permit with you on the day of your rental. If you have been given approval for “special/extra entertainment,” you are required to bring the copy of liability insurance as well.