Pavilion Rental Information
< class="auto-style410">Reservations will be accepted over the phone with a credit card (Visa, MasterCard) for the months of April through October starting on February 1st. Please call (301) 475-4200 ext.
*1800 to make reservations.
2018 Pavilion Fees
Small Pavilion - $100 - groups less than 60 people
(Chancellors Run, Nicolet, Dorsey #2, Snow Hill & Baggett Park)
Large Pavilion - $150 – groups of 61-150
(Fifth District, Dorsey #1, Cecil & Elms)
150+ people will incur an additional staff fee of $10 per hour. Reservations must be made a minimum of two weeks prior to rental date.
Alcohol Consumption Permit - $100
Alcohol permit not available for Chancellors Run, Elms Beach, Snow Hill, Lancaster Park or Nicolet Park Pavilions.
For reservations or more information please call 301-475-4200 ext.
All prices are subject to change.
St. Mary’s County Recreation and Parks
Park Pavilion picnic usage Regulations and Permits
- A Parks staff will periodically check activities in the park and will monitor pavilion usage. The park staff will return at the end of each day to close the park.
- It is unlawful to consume alcoholic beverages in county parks, except by a permit issued from the Department of Recreation and Parks. Nicolet Park, Chancellors Run Regional Park and Elms Beach Park are alcohol free parks; therefore permits will not be issued for these parks. Unless otherwise stated on the permit, alcohol usage is restricted to the Picnic Pavilion area only.
- Where grills are available, please extinguish all charcoal fires before leaving the park. ABSOLUTELY NO OPEN CAMP FIRES are permitted in public parks.
- ABSOLUTELY NO OPEN CAMP FIRES are permitted in public parks.
- Citizens may bring a personal gas grill to the park; however personal charcoal grills are not permitted.
- Lifeguards are not on duty at waterfront parks.
- Park usage is at your own risk.
- Medical Insurance is not provided.
- To receive a refund, pavilion canellations must be made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org at least two (2) weeks prior to the reservation date. A $25.00 refund fee will be withheld for cancellations. Without the required notice, refunds will not be permitted.
- In case of inclement weather check the Department cancellation line at 301-475-4200
ext. *1840 or visit the website; click on updates. Inclement weather refunds are only given if the Department of Recreation and Parks cancels a reservation. If pavilion rentals are canceled due to inclement weather the cancellation information will state “pavilion rentals” cancelled, “field closures” does not mean pavilion rentals are canceled.
- Parks close at sunset. Users must be out of the pavilion at the designated time unless the Department of Recreation and Parks grants special permission, in writing.
- Please dispose of all trash and refuse in receptacles.
- If you anticipate using a ball field, a permit can be obtained by contacting the front office at 301-475-4200,
ext. *1800 one week prior to your event. Previously permitted organizations such as youth and adult sports leagues have priority in use of the ball fields.
- Please bring your pavilion rental receipt, letter of confirmation and Alcohol permit with you on the day of your event. If you have been given approval for “special entertainment” then you must have the copy of liability insurance on hand the day of your event.
- Water activities such as dunking booths and slip and slide activities are not permitted in public parks.
- Be aware, picnic tables are bolted under the pavilion and are not removable.
- The advertised fee will be assessed if numbers attending go over the projected amount at the time of rental; this price increase ranges from $50-$100.