An Opportunity For All....
|The Department of Recreation and Parks is
a strong advocate for people of all ability levels. The Department
promotes and protects the rights and choices of individuals of all
abilities. The Department believes that every individual, regardless
of ability level, is deserving of satisfying recreational and
leisure activities. With the combination of competent, qualified,
professional staff and innovative programs, Recreation and Parks
fosters independence and fulfillment by allowing for
self-determination and personal choice.
- Recreation & Parks will assess the needs, desires and interests of the community through interviews, observations and surveys.
- Recreation & Parks will develop strategies and techniques to help individuals and their families make the transition to inclusive activities.
- Recreation & Parks will expand resources, which facilitate inclusive recreation and leisure activities.
- Recreation & Parks will make reasonable accommodations based on individual needs and requests.
- Recreation & Parks makes every effort to ensure that programs and services are accessible for all individuals.
Christina Bishop, Therapeutic Recreation Specialist
301-475-4200 Ext. 71802
301-475-4200 ext. 71806