Employee Status Updated: 6/19/2019 12:00 AM Normal
Office Status: Normal
Employee Information

Recreation and Parks - Chancellor's Run Park

iamge of chancellors run park

Location:  21905 Chancellor's Run Road, Great Mills, MD 20634

80 Acres


Hours of Operation:
Sunrise until Sunset (except for special evening and night activities)

From Route 235 - take Chancellor's Run Road east for two miles, park is on right.

Contact Information:

Please call 301-475-4200 71800 for more information; call the Parks Division at 301-475-4200, ext. 73570 for maintenance related issues.

Additional Information: Chancellors Run Regional Park is home to the Chancellors Run Activity Center and the Department of Aging and Community Services Loffler Senior Activity Center. The center hosts a variety of leisure programs, senior activities and special events. For information on Recreation and Parks activities and building rentals please call 301-475-4200 ext 71670. For information on Department of Aging and Community Services activities please call 301-475-4200, ext. 71656.

Two Sand Volleyball Courts are available.

CRRP is also home to the softball Hall of Fame facility and pavilion. The facility hosts the Hall of Fame memorabilia collection, concession stand, restrooms and upper level pavilion. 


There is limited advertisement space available at Chancellor’s Run Regional Park to display company billboards. Companies may purchase a 4’ x 8’ billboard for $500; yearly renewal fee is $300. Billboards will be displayed from mid-March through November each year. At the end of the season, the billboards will be removed from fencing and stored. This is an excellent way to advertise; thousands of people attend activities and events at the complex each year. Please call 301-475-4200, ext. 71670 for more information.

Rentals: Call for rental information. We have space for workshops, meetings, receptions, birthday and holiday parties. To make reservations, or for additional information, please call 301-475-4200, ext. 71670. We book up very quickly so call early.




The upper level Hall of Fame pavilion can be reserved for special events by calling 301-475-4200, ext. 71670. The new playground pavilion can be reserved by calling 301-475-4200, ext. 71800. No alcohol is permitted at either pavilion.

Picnic Tables



Restroom/Concession Building


• Hiking
Patrons may use the on-site charcoal grill where provided; patrons may not bring their own charcoal grills to the park, but may bring in small gas grills


All pets must be kept on a leash in parks. Pet owners are responsible for the actions of their pets and must clean up after pets.

Waterfront Activities



• 1- 90' lighted baseball field
• 3 - 60' lighted baseball / softball fields


• 2 Courts




• 2 lighted soccer fields
• 2 unlit soccer fields


• 2 courts
• 2 courts Pickleball (lines are dotted, user must chalk in or bring temporary line markers)

Sand Volleyball
Yes • 2 courts

Pavilion Rental Information
Reservations will be accepted over the phone with a credit card (Visa, MasterCard) for the months of April through October starting on February 1st. Please call (301) 475-4200 ext. 71800 to make reservations.

2019 Pavilion Fees

Small Pavilion - $150 - groups less than 60 people
(Chancellors Run, Nicolet, Dorsey #2, Snow Hill & Baggett Park)

Large Pavilion - $200 – groups of 61-150
(Fifth District, Dorsey #1, Cecil & Elms)
150+ people will incur an additional staff fee of $15 per hour. Reservations must be made a minimum of two weeks prior to rental date.

Alcohol Consumption Permit - $100 
Alcohol permit not available for Chancellors Run, Elms Beach, Snow Hill, Lancaster Park or Nicolet Park Pavilions.

For reservations or more information please call 301-475-4200 ext. 71800.
All prices are subject to change.

St. Mary’s County Recreation and Parks
Park Pavilion picnic usage Regulations and Permits
  1. Park staff will periodically check activities in the park and will monitor pavilion usage.  The park staff will return at the end of each day to close the park.
  2. It is unlawful to consume alcoholic beverages in county parks, except by a permit issued from the Department of Recreation and Parks.  Nicolet Park, Chancellors Run Regional Park and Elms Beach Park are alcohol-free parks; therefore, permits will not be issued for these parks. Unless otherwise stated on the permit, alcohol usage is restricted to the Picnic Pavilion area only.
  3. Where grills are available, please extinguish all charcoal fires before leaving the park.  Please, do not dump hot coals from charcoal fires on the ground. 
  4. ABSOLUTELY NO OPEN CAMP FIRES are permitted in public parks.
  5. Citizens may bring a personal gas grill to the park.  Personal charcoal grills are not permitted. 
  6. Lifeguards are not on duty at waterfront parks. 
  7. Park usage is at your own risk.  
  8. Medical insurance is not provided. 
  9. To receive a refund, pavilion canellations must be made in writing to ken.guyer@stmarysmd.com at least two (2) weeks prior to the reservation date. A $25.00 refund fee will be withheld for cancellations. Without the required notice, refunds will not be permitted.
  10. In case of inclement weather check the Department cancellation line at 301-475-4200 ext. 71840 or visit the website at www.stmarysmd.com/recreate; click on updates.  Inclement weather refunds are only given if the Department of Recreation and Parks cancels a reservation.  If pavilion rentals are canceled due to inclement weather the cancellation information will state “pavilion rentals” canceled.  Pavilion rentals are not canceled based on “field closures.”
  11. Parks close at sunset. (Elms Beach and snow Hill Park close at 8:00p.m. from May 1st through Labor Day).  Users must be out of the pavilion at the designated time unless the Department of Recreation and Parks grants special permission in writing.
  12. Please dispose of all trash and refuse in receptacles.
  13. Ball Fields are permitted if requested at the time of a reservation.  If  you did not reserve the ball field at the time of the reservation (permit must be indicated on your receipt), ball fields may be used on the day of your event only if available.  League use and tournaments take precedence. 
  14. If you are planning to bring extra entertainment (i.e. pony rides, moon bounce, etc) you must submit a request in writing at least four (4) weeks prior to your rental.  Proof of liability insurance for extra entertainment will need to be submitted to the Recreation and Parks office at the time of rental of the pavilion.  Purchasing liability insurance is the responsibility of the party renting the pavilion.  Park staff may ask to see the proof of insurance; take a copy with you on the day of your event.
  15. Water activities such as dunking booths, slip and slide activities and water balloons are not permitted in public parks.
  16. Picnic tables are bolted under the pavilion and are not removable.
  17. The advertised fee will be assessed if numbers attending go over the projected amount at the time of rental; this price increase ranges from $50-$100.
  18. Groups conducting fundraisers and/or groups requesting exclusive use of the park will be required to provide Recreation and Parks with a Certificate of General Liability Insurance indicating limits of $2,000,000 aggregate and $1,000,000 per occurrence and naming the Board of County Commissioners of St. Mary's County as an additional insured.  This Certificate of Insurance must be submitted two (2) weeks prior to the event being held.
  19. A 110v electrical outlet is available at select parks. If an electrical outlet is blown, it will not be reset during your event. 
  20. Renters and/or caterers do not have access to concession stand buildings at parks.
  21. Please bring your pavilion rental receipt, letter of confirmation and Alcohol Permit with you on the day of your rental.  If you have been given approval for “special/extra entertainment,” you are required to bring the copy of liability insurance as well.