Recreation and Parks - Nicolet Skate Park
Nicolet Park is scheduled for major repairs. The park will be closed until October 21, 2018.
The Skate Park at Nicolet Park offers an incredible array of skating opportunities for skaters of all skill levels.
The Skate Park is considered one large street course at 12,000 feet, with a spine, 9 feet deep side, 6 feet shallow side, bank walls pyramid, and a double set of stairs with a ledge and a rail. Back bowl with various depths of 7ft, 6ft and 4ft.
Skatepark Operating Hours (Unsupervised)
No Entrance Fees
April Through October
8:00a.m. – 8:00p.m. Daily
SKATE AT YOUR OWN RISK
Supervised Skate Park Hours
No Entrance Fees
May through October
Thursdays and Saturdays
4:00p.m. – 8:00p.m.
Skate Park/BMX at Nicolet Park
Rules and Regulations
- This facility is used by both experienced and inexperienced skateboarders, in-line skaters and BMX bicycle riders. Serious injury may result from being hit by skateboard or falling or colliding with other users. St. Mary’s County Government does not assume responsibility for injuries. SKATEBOARDING, IN-LINE, & BMX BICYCLE RIDING IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. Medical insurance is not provided.
- Participants must abide by staff instruction and park guidelines at all times.
- All skaters, in-liners and BMX bicycle riders must wear a helmet in good condition.
- BMX stunt pegs must be REMOVED from bikes before entering the park.
- BMX bikes are NOT ALLOWED in the cloverleaf pool area.
- All skateboards, in-line & BMX bikes must be in good repair as determined by staff.
- Due to safety concerns, spectators who are not skating, in-lining or riding BMX bicycles may not enter the Skatepark while activity is in progress. Spectators must remain outside the fence.
- Smoking, alcohol or drugs are not allowed. The Skatepark is an alcohol and drug free facility.
- The Department of Recreation and Parks reserves the right to change the schedule as necessary; see posted hours of operation.
- For inclement weather cancellations, please call 301-475-4200, ext. *1840.
From Route 235 in Lexington Park turn onto Great Mills Road (Rt. 246), turn right onto Midway Drive across from CVS Pharmacy then turn right onto Bunker Hill Drive. Continue into Park From Route 5 in Great Mills, turn onto Great Mills Road (Rt. 246), turn left onto Midway Drive, Turn right onto Bunker Hill Drive. Continue into Park.
For more information please contact:
Tammy Gillingham – 240-434-9812
Tyrone Harris – 240-434-6669
Main Office – 301-475-4200 *1800