- A Cable Franchise Agreement is any company's formal agreement with the county to use the Public right-of-way to provide cable television services anywhere in the county.
- A Cable Franchise Agreement does not address other services which the provider may offer. For information regarding Broadband in St. Mary's County check our Broadband webpage.
- St. Mary's County Government does not provide exclusive rights to provide cable television service (meaning other cable companies could invest in our community).
- St. Mary's County Government is not authorized to regulate cable broadcast channels offered.
- St. Mary's County Government is not authorized to regulate cable rates (pricing).
National Association of County's (NACO) - NACO County Explorer
Cable Franchise Informational Handout
Approved Cable Ordinance 2-18-03
Approved Metrocast (formerly GMP) Cable Franchise Agreement
Approved Comcast Cable Franchise Agreement
To report problems with your Cable TV provider please e-mail: Bob.Kelly@stmaryscountymd.gov